These are the links I’ve bookmarked recently on Delicious [September 3rd to September 17th]:
- How To Find Time For… Everything! « Smashing Magazine – sixteen tips to help you better manage your time and find the time to participate in the things that are important to you. Also included are some further resources to improve your time management.
- Online Audio Editor – Aviary.com’s Myna – Use Myna to remix music tracks and audio clips. Apply sound effects and record your own voice or instruments!
- Paolo Gios – Gios PDF Splitter and Merger is a handy tool that will help you merging and splitting PDF documents with ease.
These are the links I’ve bookmarked recently on Delicious [August 27th to September 3rd]:
- Deep Thought: The history and future of chaplaincy – Martin’s model is a fantastic one for chaplains:* To work from where you are
* To see the need and respond in that moment
* To use the tools that you have
* To reflect upon that experience and see where Christ was IN that experience
* To be willing to be CHANGED by the experience
- How to insert FLV (Flash Video) into PowerPoint – But how to insert FLV Video to presentation effectively? Many people have difficulty in inserting FLV Video to PowerPoint. Here I will show you how to insert your favoriate FLV Video to PowerPoint according to my experience.
These are the links I’ve bookmarked recently on Delicious [June 25th through August 25th]:
- Accountability Groups – Questions for accountability groups.
- Lovely Charts | Free online diagram software – With Lovely Charts' extremely simple and intuitive drag'n drop drawing mechanism, you'll be able to focus on what really matters. You won't have to draw boxes or arrows, and you won't have to worry about what symbol to use.
- Youth Ministry: If I were to do it again… – I was asked, “If you were to go back and do youth ministry again, as you once did, how would what you know now change how you would lead a youth ministry?” So, if I were to go back and lead a youth ministry again I would…
These are the links I’ve bookmarked recently on Delicious [June 9th through June 18th]:
- Community Development Foundation – The Community Development Foundation is a leading source of intelligence, guidance and delivery on community development in England and across the UK.
- Welcome | Funding Central – The smart guide to over 4,000 grants, contracts and loans
- Free website and Free web hosting | Microsoft Office Live Small Business – Get a free website and more.
It’s fast and easy.
- Lifehacker – Lifehacker Pack 2009: Our List of Essential Free Windows Downloads – Lifehacker Pack 2009 – a single, handy list that we think improves the computer lives of Windows users
- An inspirational message from Paul Hawken – Basically, the earth needs a new operating system, you are the
programmers, and we need it within a few decades.
This planet came with a set of operating instructions, but we seem to
have misplaced them. Important rules like don’t poison the water,
soil, or air, and don’t let the earth get overcrowded, and don’t touch
the thermostat have been broken. Buckminster Fuller said that
spaceship earth was so ingeniously designed that no one has a clue
that we are on one, flying through the universe at a million miles per
hour, with no need for seatbelts, lots of room in coach, and really
good food – but all that is changing.
- 50 Fresh Useful Icon Sets For Your Next Design – This large collection of recently released icon sets is supposed to help designers improve their designs on their web-sites and in web-applications. All icon sets are free.
- 10 Ways to Speed up Your WordPress Blog – In this post we'll explore ten ways to speed up your site, with tricks ranging from easy to even easier; none of the stuff in this post is difficult, so there's no excuse for a slow-loading blog after reading this!
- 10 Useful WordPress Loop Hacks – The loop is a very important aspect of WordPress blogs. In fact, the loop is what allows you to get posts from your WordPress database and print them on the screen. A set of useful and user-friendly functions, the loop is incredibly powerful. With it, you can get a single post, a list of posts ordered by date, title or category, a list of posts written by a specific author and much more.
In this article, we’ll show you 10 useful things you can do with the WordPress loop to make your blog even more powerful than it is right now.
- Wordnik – An ongoing project devoted to discovering
all the words and everything about them
These are the links I’ve bookmarked recently on Delicious:
- The Clock Clock By Humans Since 1982 – Swedish designers Humans since 1982 have created this genius clock made from 24 analogue clocks to act as a digital display using the clock hands to read the time.
- UK Photographers Rights v2 – This is intended to provide a short UK guide to the main legal restrictions on the right to take photographs and the right to publish photographs that have been taken.
- EngageWorship: Resources and Training for Innovative, Creative Worship – engageworship.org is a new expression of the Music and Worship Foundation, furthering their vision and values for a new generation. We aim to resource youth, young adults and 21st century churches for innovative worship. We want to help people engage with God, each other and the world around them, through creative, multi-sensory acts of worship.
When I signed up for a hosting account with Dreamhost, the package included a free domain registration. I decided to go with a domain name which linked to the personal tagline I’ve used on this site (and in my email signature) for the last 10 years: Brain-free since ’73…
The domain in question is www.brain-free.com, and I’m currently using it as a personal portfolio site:
The site has been built with WordPress and the uses excellent Ipseity theme by H3. In time I plan to add further information to it about me, my skills and interests. I know it’s a bit of a vanity site, but I’m cool with that.
Please take a look at brain-free.com – I’d love to know what you think of it…